There are so many different recipes out there for chicken enchiladas. Unfortunately, I have some picky eaters that don’t like a whole lot of stuff, especially chunky stuff, in their enchiladas. So, here is a simple recipe that my family enjoys.
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
8 oz. cream cheese
16 oz. salsa (I put this in the food processor to get all the chunks out)
8 8″ flour tortillas
10 oz. can of enchilada sauce
2 cups shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
**This recipe makes 8 enchiladas; the pictures in this post show 1/2 the recipe**
1. In a medium sauce pan, combine cream cheese and salsa until cream cheese is melted.
2. Add the shredded chicken to the cream cheese mixture and mix well.
3. Lay out tortillas on a flat surface and top each with 1/2 cup of chicken mixture.
4. Roll up each tortilla and place in a greased 13×9 pan. If you would like to freeze for later, this is the point where I do that; just cover securely with foil and label.
5. Pour enchilada sauce evenly over tortillas.
6. Sprinkle cheese on top. Tent with foil.
7. Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, or until heated through.
8. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.