Looking for easy Christian Valentine Crafts for kids? This Grow in God’s Love Flower Craft is SO cute and simple to make!
I always love doing Christian Valentine Crafts with my kids each year. It’s important to remind our children of God’s love all year long, but there’s something special and fun about doing Christian-themed crafts for Valentine’s Day!
If you’re looking for easy Bible-based crafts to do with your kids this Valentine’s Day, this Grow in God’s Love Flower Craft is perfect! It’s really simple, but the finished product looks SO lovely. And you can use the final craft in a lot of different ways — whether it’s hanging it up at home or gifting it to someone special.
This is a craft that you can totally work in to a Bible lesson as a hands-on activity, too!
If you have young kids, they will need some help with the scissors. And feel free to substitute crayons or colored pencils for markers, if need be! You can make this fun craft work for all ages with a little bit of assistance.
Alright, let’s get to this fun craft! Scroll down for all the easy-to-follow directions.
Grow In God’s Love Christian Valentine Flower Craft
- Grow in God’s Love Template
- Colored paper: blue, green, and yellow
- Glue Stick
To get started with this fun Christian Valentine Craft, you’ll first color the template pieces. The hearts will be flowers, the ovals will be leaves, and the circle will be a sun. After you’ve colored them, cut the template pieces out.
Next, cut a strip about 2″ wide with the green paper. And cut a strip about 1″ wide with the yellow paper. (Estimations are fine.) Then, use the scissors to cut little slits down the entire length of the paper to create a fringe effect.
Glue the green strip to the bottom of the blue paper, being careful to only put glue on the uncut section. Give the fringe pieces a 3D effect by bending them forwards just a little.
Glue the yellow strip to the back of the circle, bending it to go all the way around. You can trim off any extra paper, because you won’t use the whole strip.
Once your sun is put together, glue it to the blue paper.
Using the green paper, cut 4 thing strips for the flower stems and glue them to the heart flowers.
Glue the hearts, stems, and leaves to the paper to spell the word LOVE.
Finally, glue the cloud to the top of the blue paper. Your craft is complete!
After the craft is finished, there are lots of possibilities of what to do with it! You can frame your child’s artwork with an inexpensive frame, gift it to a grandparent from your child, or just hang it up at home as a reminder of God’s love on a daily basis! You could even add a Bible verse to it!
- Colored paper: blue, green and yellow
- Glue stick
- First color the template pieces. The hearts will be flowers, the ovals are leaves, and the circle will be a sun.
- Next cut the template pieces out.
- Grab the green paper and cut a strip about 2” wide (just estimate). Take the yellow paper and cut a strip about 1” wide.
- Then use the scissors to cut little slits down the entire length of the paper to create a fringe effect.
- Glue the green strip to the bottom of the blue paper, putting glue only at the uncut section. Give the fringy pieces a 3D effect by bending them forwards.
- Glue the yellow strip to the back of the circle, bending it to go around. Trim off any extra as you won’t use the whole strip.
- Now glue the sun to the blue paper.
- Take the green paper again and cut 4 thin strips for the flower stems.
- Then glue the stems to the hearts.
- Glue the hearts, stems and leaves to the paper to spell the word LOVE.
- Finally, glue the cloud to the top of the blue paper and the craft is complete.