ALL THREE of them had spiritual battles – big, ugly ones! Ones that had me in prayer mode and almost sent me to my prayer closet. This is life – the constant struggle. And, personally, one of my biggest drawbacks to home schooling. I see the struggle all too often!! What’s worse, I often get caught up in the struggle instead of modeling what should be done. Today I went into Battle Mode and here’s what we did.
- God convicted me that the struggle wasn’t with the boys, “but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.” Ephesians 6:12
- God convicted me that I needed to let the boys know that fact – the battle was spiritual
- We had a PowWow in the living room where we…
- read James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.”
- Confessed our sins out loud (me too!), and prayed for each other.
- Talked about spiritual warfare and that His Word is a mighty weapon to pull down fortresses!!
- Recited Psalm 1 and Psalm 8:2, “From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and the avenger.”
- Praised God “popcorn style” for Who He is and what He’s done. We used a nerf-type football to toss underhanded to each other. Worked well for a while, then….well…. boys will be boys…. I’m sure you can picture it!
Our pastor recently said that when we praise, the enemy has to SHUT UP! It happened today! By the end of our praise time the boys were laughing. They could see the change in their attitudes.
Michelle loves Jesus, family, friends, football, and helping people know the joy of studying God’s Word. Twenty-one years ago she married her best friend and they have 3 boys. They live in Wellington, FL, where it’s summer 360 days out of the year. She has a BS in Bible and in elementary education and a MEd in special education. She’s taught 3rd and 4th grades and special education in both public and Christian schools. She’s been home-schooling her three boys from the beginning. Her passion is to disciple others by helping them study God’s Word. She’s a living example of the stability and joy that brings to life! Her website is http://www.leadinggodsgeneration.com. You can follow her blog at http://leadinggodsgeneration.wordpress.com/ or on Twitter @LeadingGodsGen.
©2012-2013 My Joy-Filled Life. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://myjoyfilledlife.com