These cherry limeade cupcakes are the PERFECT cupcake recipe for summer! They are so moist and delicious – you’ll have everyone begging for more. These sweet delicious cupcakes are great for summer parties and make the best summer treat for kids! Follow these easy step by step directions below to make your own cherry limeade cupcakes.
Ingredients for your cherry limeade cupcakes:
- 1 box funfetti vibrant green cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- white icing
- 1/2 cup cherry juice
- maraschino cherries
Directions to make your cherry limeade cupcakes:
In order to make things easier, gather up all your ingredients before you begin. I’ve found it makes baking a breeze when you’re not running all around the kitchen.
Now, preheat the oven to 350 degrees and then mix together the cake mix, water, vegetable oil, lime juice, and eggs according to the package directions. Before you start mixing, it will look a little blue but as you mix it together, it will turn a vibrant green color!
Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners or, if you prefer not to use the liners, spray the pan with cooking spray.
Next, pour the cupcake mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring and pour it into the cupcake pan, about 3/4 of the way full, making sure not to overfill.
Bake the cupcakes for 15 minutes and allow them to cool completely.
Once the cupcakes have cooled, mix the white frosting with cherry juice. This will sweeten the frosting to taste like cherries and gives it a nice pink color.
Scoop the pink icing into an icing bag or ziplock bag and cut the tip. We used a Wilton Tip 1M to pipe the frosting on top of the cupcake.
Frost each cupcake with the cherry icing and then top with a maraschino cherry!
That’s it! Your cherry limeade cupcakes are now ready to eat. Enjoy!
- - 1 box of cake mix we used Funfetti Vibrant Green Cake Mix
- - 2 Eggs
- - 1/3 Cup of Water
- - 1/3 Cup of Lime Juice
- - 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- - White Icing
- - 1/2 Cup of Cherry Juice
- - Maraschino Cherries
- - Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box. Before you start mixing, it might look blue but once you start mixing, it turns to vibrant green!
- - Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray if you choose not to use cupcake liners. Otherwise, make sure to put down cupcake liners first.
- - Pour cupcake mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the cupcake mix into the cupcake pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- - Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- - Let cupcakes cool.
- - Mix white frosting with a 1/2 cup of cherry juice. This sweetens the frosting to taste like cherries and gives it a great pink color too! Scoop the pink icing into an icing bag or a ziploc bag. I used a Wilton Tip 1M to pipe on the frosting on top of the cupcake.
- - Frost each cupcake with the cherry icing and then top with a maraschino cherry!
- - Enjoy!
You might also like: