It wasn’t until after my first child was born that I found Christ. And it wasn’t until after my third child was born that I realized I needed to include Him in my pregnancy and birth process. From my third pregnancy and birth, I learned that He is in control and that all my planning was in vain. When I was pregnant with my fourth child, I turned my pregnancy completely over to Him and what a difference I experienced with that pregnancy, labor, and birth. Amazing is all I can really say to describe it.
For my fifth pregnancy we were blessed with twins and it was only by grace, mercy, and strength from the Lord that I was able to carry them to term (39 weeks, 6 days) without any complications and experience complete peace when there were complications during the delivery.
During my first two pregnancies I had read many pregnancy books and what to expect books, but by the time our fourth child was on the way I wanted something different – something that would help me to put the Lord at the center of it all.
If you are looking for a different pregnancy and birthing experience – one that gives glory and honor to God, one that gives you peace by handing the reigns over to Him – I would highly recommend putting those worldly pregnancy and birth books aside and finding ones that will help you trust and have complete faith in Him when it comes to your pregnancy and birth.
To help you do that I’ve put together a list of 10 Christian Pregnancy & Birth Books – some of them have helped me out tremendously to attain the Christ-centered pregnancy and birth I longed for, some of them were recommended to me, and some of them are still on my wishlist.
1. Redeeming Childbirth: Experiencing His Presence in Pregnancy, Labor, Childbirth, and Beyond by Angie Tolpin
3. Supernatural Childbirth: Experiencing the Promises of God Concerning Conception and Delivery by Jackie Mize
5. Praying Through Your Pregnancy: An Inspirational Week-by-Week Guide for Moms-to-Be by Jennifer Polimino & Carolyn Warren
7. The Christian Mama’s Guide to Having a Baby: Everything You Need to Know to Survive (and Love) Your Pregnancy by Erin MacPherson
8. The Pregnancy Companion: A Faith Filled Guide for Your Journey to Motherhood by Jessica Wolstenholm and Heather Rupe