It’s almost December!
Christmas is right around the corner!
Do you know what that means? Lots of baking and goodie making going on soon!
One of our Christmas treat staples that we make each year to give to family, friends, coaches, and neighbors is cut-out cookies, frosted of course!
Here is the butter cream frosting recipe that we having been using for several years now – it’s a mix between my mom’s recipe and a recipe from Wilton. We use it on Christmas cookies, birthday cakes, and we also make chocolate chip cookie sandwiches with it, Yummmmmmm. And it’s super easy to make.
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 1 pound of confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- In a large bowl, blend butter and vanilla with an electric mixer.
- Gradually add the sugar, mixing well.
- Add milk and blend at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Makes 3 cups
- Add food coloring if desired.