I have used Math Mammoth with several of my kids during the early elementary years. I have found this curriculum to be very easy to use, thorough, and that it lays a solid math foundation.
Math Mammoth has several different types of math products that are available to homeschoolers – a complete curriculum for grades 1-7, workbooks by topic, review workbooks, and real-life math workbooks.
Maria, the creator of Math Mammoth is generously giving away the Math Mammoth Light Blue Series to one of my readers!!
Math Mammoth Light Blue Series constitutes a full elementary mathematics curriculum for grades 1-7.
Some of the main features of the curriculum are:
- It is mastery-oriented and organized into chapters by topics. Thus, in each chapter the curriculum concentrates on one theme and its connecting topics (such as place value, multiplication, or geometry). Each grade level typically contains 8-10 chapters.
- The curriculum focuses strongly on conceptual understanding.
- Visual models and exercises are used a lot.
- Mental math and number sense are emphasized.
- The curriculum is nearly self-teaching for many children, since the full explanations of concepts are included in the student books. Thus it requires fairly little preparation time from the teacher.
If you’d like a chance to win a full elementary math curriculum, just use the Rafflecopter form below to enter –
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The giveaway ends April 3, 2018 at 11:59pm ET. Winner will be notified by email and will have 48 hours to respond. Please read all the Rafflecopter terms & conditions upon entering.